This program is available to Foreign Medical Graduates from around the world. In the application process, the following eligibility documents must be submitted to the PSPC Research and Education Department:
- Graduation from an accredited Medical School.
- ECFMG Certificate.
- USMLE Transcript. Steps 1, 2 CK, and CS are required. Applications lacking USMLE transcripts will be considered incomplete and will not be processed.
- Copy of Medical School Diploma
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Recommendation. Minimum of two.
- Proof of Legal US Status (Green Card / Citizenship)
- FMG must provide proof of a legal and valid stay in the USA visa before acceptance into the program. i.e. A copy of the following documents:
- I-94 (the document that is granted by USCIS upon admission to the USA and must be valid for the entire duration of the Externship)
- Valid Passport
- On acceptance FMG must be able to provide Health screening with documentation of immunization status (PPD within the last year; MMR, Varicella, and Hepatitis B antibody must be valid within 10 years)
- Applicants must fill out the Externship Application Form:
- Download the Application form
- Download the Externship Guideline
- On the application, indicate your preferred period of Externship and dates.
- 8-week Externship program starts 1st of each month. Applicants are selected depending on the strength of their applications. $2,000 fee must be paid one month prior to start of externship.